Monday, May 14, 2012

{Eleanor}

 

The Princess is here!!
 
MONKEY BUMM
 
And here begins the story of the day I became a Grandma and Kurke became a Grandpa to our first Monkeybumm!

Brittany called me on Sunday, April 29th, around 8:30 in the evening. I was tired and getting things closed up for the night and boys in bed, and myself in bed. Kurke had flown to England the day before for work meetings.

Brit casually told me that it was a possibility (strong) that she would be having the baby the next day! WHAT???? She casually told me that at her appt. the week before, where she found she was dilated to a 4, that the doc told her if she had dilated even more than she could be induced.

My words...calmly: OK that is good to know Brittany. Let me know what happens.

Inside: OH MY GOSH this baby is going to come tomorrow and she is just letting me know this information now??? She could have told me this last week! Ack!!! I need to get ready!! So much to do!!

I was up till midnight packing and making arrangements for being gone for a week. I packed up my car just in case, I had Taylor's tux in there that needed to be returned from Prom the night before, so much to do...And Kurke was gone too.

I finally made it to bed and got up early to go to work. I had been at work for less than an hour when Brit called and said, "Come on over the baby is coming today!".

 
I left work and I was SO HYPER!! I was pulling out of the parking lot, on the phone to my mom, and kind of on autopilot going to the freeway when I noticed that I was driving through the school zone at 30mph instead of 20mph. Not 1 but 3 cops were sitting there. One of them pulled me over. I didn't even care about the ticket I just didn't want to be detained so I opened my door and handed him my stuff and told him, "I am completely guilty - I am going to be a grandma!". After babbling to him for a few minutes about the fact that I saw the lights a minute too late and I was sorry and I was going to be a Grandma. He finally said, "Where are you headed?" I told him Idaho Falls. He handed me my stuff back and told me to drive safely. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU (he probably thought I was off my rocker - Ha ha). That was so nice of him. After all was said and done - taking care of loose ends I got out of town about 9:15.

It's a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive. I tried to keep it under control (wink). I was about 10 minutes from the exit when I got a text from Jaxon that made me laugh - THE WATER IS BROKEN! Ha Ha

 
 


I found the hospital and Barbara (Jaxon's mom) met me inside. She had her car packed and ready also and had just arrived from Burley. She had 2 babies on the way. Jaxon and Brittany's and, unknown at the time, her daughter Jaimie's the very next day! Wow!

 
We visited with Jaxon and Brittany while waiting for Brittany to hit hard labor and pushing time. We watched the contractions on the monitor. Brittany had an epidural and was feeling good and doing great.


Finally it was time so Barbara and I sat outside the door to the room. Honestly, I was a nervous wreck. Something about knowing what your daughter is going through, childbirth, wanting everything to be fine, etc...my stomach was rolling. Barbara did a movie "interview" while we were waiting - I am quite sure I was psycho and that it is hilarious.

Finally I heard that sweet little cry and then Jaxon's laugh and knew that baby had arrived. All the anxiety left and I felt such JOY! What a miracle - she was here!!!



A little puffy from her ride into the world and oh so perfect and beautiful!!!

She wouldn't receive her name for several more days but welcome to the world

Eleanor Cherie Higgs

April 30th, 2012

5 lbs 12 oz 18 3/4 inches long

Ohhhh how we love you!
 
 

No comments: