Monday, December 31, 2012

{2012 - Year In Review}


For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

                                                                ~T.S. Eliot

 

2012 turned out to be a pretty nice year for our family - We are blessed.

January 
 
 
- Brittany was 5 months pregnant and her little belly was starting to grow.
- I put one of my favorite Motto's up on a wall in my house - Love it still!
- We went to our niece's wedding in Twin Falls and saw much family we hadn't  seen in quite awhile  - so nice!
- Trent, who loves to cook, learned how to separate eggs like a pro.
 
 
February
 
 
- Katie and Kevin's 1st Valentine' Day
- I began teaching the CTR 8 class this year - what a great bunch of kiddo's. #getting them ready for Baptism
- Apparently I am dating Batman!
- Dr. Suess' Birthday coming up - Big celebrations and quotes at the school.
- We went and saw Mitt Romney speak when he was in town. #shouldabeenPres
- Valentines day decor - L O V E
- Trent has target practice from a tree with his BB gun.  #kidyourgonnashootyoureyeout
 

March


March was a busy and exciting month.

- I went to a Conference in Salt Lake City and while there got together with a bunch of blog friends for a super fun dinner!




- Brittany's cute baby shower with a girly Dr. Suess theme was in the middle of March.


 - We took our 3 boys to Disneyworld in Florida and Universal for a week during Spring Break and had a B L A S T!!!!  So much fun and so many memories!  I also got to meet a dear blog friend and her very nice husband while visiting Florida! #wanttogobacksoon!

April
 
- Ryan graduated from BYU with 2 degree's and honor's and I had kind of a crazy drive getting down there on time for the graduation.
 
- Brittany was so lovely in her 9th month of pregnancy.
 
- Baseball season started for both boys (and Kurke the umpire).
 
- Taylor went to Prom.
 
- The Easter bunny still delivers for Trent!
 
 




-  The best thing happened on the very last day of April and that was the birth of Eleanor - We love her!

May
 
- In May I stayed at Brittany and Jaxon's for a week to help with the baby and help take care of them, cooking, etc...Kurke made it home from England to meet his new granddaughter.
 
- Mother's Day was special. #largestboxofcandyever!!
 
- Trent turned 12 and became a deacon.
 
- Trent also discovered just how much he loves being an Uncle.  For all of us the baby loving just kept on going.
 
 
June
  
- In June Eleanor was blessed and we had a wonderful celebration at the Higgs home.  Eleanor's cousin Ada who is 1 day younger was blessed at the same time.  Very special.

- Baseball continues with Taylor pitching.

- Trent planted flowers in the backyard.

- Taylor got his first job at Edwards Theater.



- Also in June I had THE BEST time with my bestie friends in Georgia!  It was my first time to Georgia and I loved it!  Spent 10 days enjoying it all!  #readytogobackagain#misstheM's
 
July
 
July - ALWAYS - our most packed month of the year. 
 
- We snuck away to Spokane for a few days to watch Taylor play in a tournament there.  We also got to visit with our good friends the B's and enjoy the 4th of July.

- Not pictured - My Dad and Rache'l moved to Idaho from Branson.  27 family members in the driveway when they drove up to greet them and help unload the truck.  It was unloaded in record time - about 35 minutes!  #unloadedwithlove
 

 
-  I think part of the reason Girls Camp is so fun besides the girls, the activites, the laughing, and the crazy is that it is so colorful, I mean look at these pictures! We had a blast cooking for the girls at Girls Camp this year and being a part of all the fun and activities!!
#girlscampisdabest
 

 

-  We had a fantastic time in Lake Tahoe at our Family Reunion!
#when'sthenextone!
 
August


 - Smore's in the firepit a favorite treat + boys just like to play with fire.
- A visit with Farmor and Grandpa.
- Pretty flowers in our backyard - Butterfly bush and Black eyed susans.
- The end of the baseball season for both boys.

September

- Time Out For Women
- Ward Campout at Sagehen
- MHS Football
- The Youth started practicing for the Cultural Celebration
- Trent receives his Scout Camp merit badges

 
 
- Taylor was crowned Homecoming King at the Homecoming football game and went to the dance with about 30 other couples.  Fun times!  #heissuchagreatkidlovehim#funsenioryear
 
October

- All the kids came home for my birthday and Conference.  It was a fab weekend.  They made me a sweet cake!
 

- Toured the Boise Temple at the Open House and also worked at the Open House later in the month.



- Eleanor was a cute little Sock Monkey for Halloween and her Grandma was a little bit scarier.

- Had a fun party for my Primary kids.  #theyearneditbybeingsogood

November
 
- Enjoyed the Youth Cultural Celebration and Temple Dedication
- Weekend in California for Jason's Baptism
- Blessed with a long and beautiful Autumn
- Enjoyed Thanksgiving with our family
 
December
 
- Ellie, Ellie, Ellie - Making each day Merry and Bright!
 
- Parties and fun and Gingerbread - Oh My!
 
- My handsome sons
 
- Great big Christmas surprises!
 



3 comments:

Heffalump said...

Wow, you had an awesome and busy year!

Jenny Moore said...

Loved, Loved, Loved the catch up!!!
June was one of my favorite months!!
Have I told you I've missed you...I have!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Loved all the pictures, thank you for sharing them. I spent two days at Disney World
Magic Kingdom/Epcot after Thanksgiving. I had a blast....all by myself! My husband was at a conference in Orlando.