Thursday, February 28, 2013

{Where Did February Go?}

 
"Time flies like an arrow;  fruit flies like a banana."
                                           Groucho Marx
 
OK where the heck did February go?  Usually, even though it is the shortest month of the year, it tends to drag on for me, but this year...Swoosh... and here we are on the very last day.  I took almost no pictures in February either  - Was I just sleeping all this month?  Here's what I got:
 

I must say I love this picture.  I didn't take it - I got it off the internet somewhere (??) but it is a sight I see almost daily and so beautiful.   I love how beautiful the mountains are in the winter all covered with snow.  I was driving home a couple days ago and the sun was shining, I could feel the warmth on my face through the sunroof and looking at the snowy mountains I thought, "I wish everyone could have such wonderful and breathtaking scenery to look at.   I feel so blessed to live where I live - beautiful, not too big, not too populated, but not too small either.  Kind of like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears....it's just right for me.


I finally made this wreath.  I have been wanting to make it for 2 years.  I found the red berry part of the wreath on after Christmas clearance and that helped get me in gear.  I love the way it turned out.  Now that it is the last day of the month I guess I need to take down my Valentine's stuff, um (cough cough) and my Christmas cards #stillonthebackofmyfrontdoor.  Um yeah.


Speaking of Valentine's Day this is what I got.  I definately don't need gifts or flowers to know that Kurke loves me but I adore getting them - I can't lie.  He is definately a keeper and always my Valentine.  


I sent the little Princess a package in the mail.  And boy does she know about packages.  Rip Rip Rip

 
 
One of her new outfits - Just in time for Valentine's day.  So cute!
~
Then she came for a visit and brought her parents too - Whoo Hoo!
 
 
 
Eleanor can really crawl now.  She gets around fast...Cupcake Buns!
 

Her #1 target...ZOE!  She almost got her this time but not quite.  Zoe is quite skilled now in the art of dodging the baby.
  


We also went shopping at Baby Gap...
 
 
And Hobby Lobby.  She likes to shop.  Probably because when we walk through any store she is mobbed by people telling her she is so cute- I mean how fun is that.   Brittany made the hat which is also cute. 
 

And this is a really really bad quality photo but I had to include it.  It almost looks like an old 60 or 70's snapshot it's so bad.  Kurke and I had so much fun feeding Eleanor.  We really need to get a highchair for when she comes to visit but this time Kurke held her and I fed her.  It was sooo fun.
Love being a Grandma!
 
 
Eleanor loves to ride on shoulders - Check out that smile.
(Ellie and Uncle Trent)
 
Grandma Cherie and Eleanor Cherie
 
 
Loves her G-Pa and G-Pa loves her!
 
 
 
After all that playing and crawling and being loved on...all tuckered out. 
 
 
Taylor went to the Sweethearts dance with Suzuha, the cutest little Japanese exchange student you ever saw.  She was so funny.  When she was asking him she brought some friends over and they decorated his room and put up a sign  She was very very nervous.  Her English is pretty good and she told me that this is not something they do in Japan and she was very scared and hoped he would go.
Just darling.
 
The next day I heard reports from both of them and they had a really really good time.  They had a fun group to go with and turns out that Suzuha is quite the dancer and had fun keeping up with Taylor (who is crazy-sauce!). 
 
 
 
 
Taylor wore his burgundy Vans 'cause that's the way he rolls.  #favoritecolor
 
Overall I would give February a C+. 
 
I was sick for a week with that nasty coughy thing.  Then I twisted my back and had a backache for a week.  Ouch. 
 
Kurke was out of town 2 different weeks during the month.
 
We only got to see Ellie once.  But we DID get to see Ellie once.  Blessings!!
 
The entire YW board was released (I was the Secretary) which was very emotional. 
 
We did enjoy an Adult Prime Rib dinner at the church last Friday and Dad and Rache'l came with us.  That was fun.
 
I got alot of sewing done including these cell phone/Kindle holders which are great!
 
And, YEP, I saw it on Pinterest and I made several of them :-D
 
 
And if February has any redeeming quality it is the extra emphasis on LOVE.
 
Bring on March!!
 
 
Ohhhhhhhh I am headed off to visit this little cutie patootie again.  Wooot!!
P.S.  She just got her two bottom teeth :-D

13 comments:

karen said...

Eleanor is a beautiful baby! Oh, those blue eyes - I'm a sucker for those. So glad you got to play with her, and it made me crazy with desire to see my little sweeties. Enjoyed Taylor's pics of the dance prep. Such a cute couple! He looks so much like you and Kurke. And your projects - oh my, I'm jealous of all you've done! One of these days when I'm done fiddling with my elders, I'll have some time again...

Mikki said...

January and February have gone by crazy fast!!!
Little Miss Eleanor is THE cutest!!!
Great photos.Your boys are so handsome. (Well, actually all your children are gorgeous!)
Happy March! Enjoy visiting that cute little girl!

mCat said...

Love the catching up post! Eleanor is adorbs!!! And yes, bring on March.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

She's such a beautiful baby! She's growing up so fast. Certainly is the queen of the Bakow house!!!!

I am glad February is over. I'm so ready for some grass and dirt!

I bet you were sad to be released from Young Women. You really get attached to those gals!

Stef said...

OH my! She is gorgeous!! And the mountains are breathtaking. That's the one thing I miss about UT. The mountains are breathtaking in all seasons!

Jim and Nicole said...

Oh you'll for sure need a high chair! My mom started with a high chair and now has an extra car seat, stroller, bouncer..Will could move in with her and be happy for life. Grandma's are the best!!

" Hit It......." said...

Dang, Ellie is so cute! I agree with you about February...but I would give it an D-.

Taylor is growing up. I love the Vans... They define who he is!

Brittany H said...

Tay is the cutest. Eleanor is the cutest. You are the cutest. I love my family.

I want to hug that japanese girl. How adorable is she?

Thank you for coming to visit. Good rid-dens february!

Amy said...

Have to say, all those pictures of Elanor are really making me baby hungry! :) She is a doll, and I can completely see why she has enchanted your hearts so much. And that wreath? I want one! I think I am going to have to copy it, if that is alright with you. So pretty!

gigi said...

Elanor's eyes are to die for! LOVE!

Jenny Moore said...

You are one lucky grandma...she is so cute!!!
I'm not sad to see February go...not my favorite month!
I'm sad you were released from YW. Was Ursula released? Who is in there now?
Miss you!!

wendy said...

Yup, she is a cutie patootie, and I bet those cheeks get LOTS of grandma kisses. Adorable. Loved that hat her mom made???
LOVE the burgundy shoes too.....It's good sometimes to "roll to the beat of your own drum" as they say.
I am always glad to have Jan. and Feb. over. Now if I can survive MARCH, and then get myself into MAY, I just might not go insane (tee,hee)
great post

Susan Anderson said...

She is too cute for words, and so are the prom-goers!

Hope you are feeling 100% by now.

=)