Sunday, February 24, 2013

{Favorite Part Of Church}

Kurke hasn't sat with us in church for years.  I know someday that will change.  So I am thankful I've had my kids to sit with.

These days, however, I enter the church and go sit in my "assigned" seat (inside joke - old blog post if you've been with me that long) which just happens to be the row right behind the deacons and on the side of the church where the Bishopric sits so Kurke can see us, and I sit alone.

Taylor is a Priest, preparing and blessing the Sacrament.  Trent is a deacon, passing the Sacrament.

The best part of church for me is after the Sacrament is done and my boys walk down to sit with me.  They sit one on each side and they scooch in really close and I kind of feel like the inside of an Oreo cookie - and I LOVE IT!

They both instantly give me a hand to hold - I love this too and I will really miss it one day.  I rub their hands and scratch their backs, my big strong boys.

Today Taylor put his head on my shoulder for a minute.  I think he would have stayed that way but he is so tall now he would get a crick in his neck.  He said, "Mom, your hair smells amazing!".

I love this cookie life.

11 comments:

Heffalump said...

Awww...your boys are sweet!

Connie said...

Yes! Enjoy it while you can! You have some good boys.

Ginger said...

That sounds like me! I sit by myself while I wait for my two boys as well. :) Except I usually sit between them so the big one doesn't maim the younger one. lol

susette said...

That is very sweet of your boys but I find it just as sweet that you be sure to give them the affection they love too :) Seems as if they learned it from you.

lesa said...

This was the same for me until oldest son went on a mission (and I'm okay with that)! Now, I play the organ while husband is on stand and youngest is on front-ish bench. I go down after the sacrament, but he likes to tease me (until I get down there) by acting like he is getting into my purse and reorganizing things for me haha. He is a teacher age and doesn't always have to pass the sacrament. I will miss when he isn't there by me anymore, but maybe oldest will be back by then...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That sounds perfect!

All Our Fun said...

This makes me sad. My second son is soon to leave. Justin gets his mission call on Wednesday. Then a couple months later and both of my boys will be missionaries and I will not be flanked by strong young men. I'm so thankful that God saw fit to give me a little girl (almost 16) and a great hubby, though. Emptying the nest SUCKS! (Sometimes)

wendy said...

Oh my, what a sweet story. I hate sitting alone at church.
I used to scratch my boys backs when we'd sit at church together too.
And for them to take your hand....so very precious.

karen said...

Waaah! This made me miss my boys! So sweet, Cherie!

Jenny Moore said...

I love the church assigned seats...it throws you completely off if someone takes your seat! As the bishop's wife you should have a plaque on your bench!
Love, love, love how sweet your boys are!

Mikki said...

awwwww, SO sweet! I'm just sitting her picturing my boys doing the same thing down the road a couple years. I'm in no rush to get there. Thanks for sharing such a sweet treat!