Tuesday, July 30, 2013

{Livin' The Dream}

“Pebble is a piece of sacred ground. They say it's the greatest meeting of land and water in the world. This course was heaven designed -- just the way it fits on the land.”         Johnny Miller 2 Time Major Champion


If you know Kurke, you know he golfs...alot...he loves it!   Rain, snow, sunshine he doesn't care.  If he has some free time, he is out on a course somewhere.

For years he has been wanting to play Pebble Beach.  For years we have been raising kids, sending kids to college, paying for weddings and missions, etc...So he said, quite a few years ago, that he would really like to play Pebble Beach for his 50th birthday and I agreed that that would be great.

Pebble Beach is still expensive  $500 for 18 holes, and we are still raising kids and sending them on missions and to college but a promise is a promise and I like being in the business of making dreams come true - especially for the man I love who makes my dreams come true.  So we planned our summer vacation around his birthday and Pebble Beach and it was all SO worth it and soooooo magnificent!

 
This is it!  This is THE PICTURE!!  Kurke teeing off on the most famous hole in all golfdom.
 
LIVING THE DREAM
 
I love this picture!  The fog in the air as the sun comes out over the ocean.  It really is perfection and pretty much sums up his day at Pebble Beach.  It rocked!
 

 
Nice shot!
 

 

Kurke found out the last few days that 50 is looking quite good!

 
I'm so grateful for my wonderful husband who usually is serving others - it's nice that we could spoil him!
 

 
“Pebble Beach is more than just America's greatest golf course, it's a national treasure. The beauty is unsurpassed and so is the drama created by so many thrilling, famous holes. No golfing life is complete until you’ve experienced Pebble's coastline, following in the footsteps of Nicklaus, Watson and Woods and an untold number of everyday dreamers.”
ALAN SHIPNUCK, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED



 
 
“If I had only one more round to play, I would choose to play it at Pebble Beach. I've loved this course from the first time I saw it. It's possibly the best in the world.”
JACK NICKLAUS, 18-TIME MAJOR CHAMPION
 
 
P.S.  About 2 days after he played Pebble Beach Kurke told me that he had a new motto in life.  It is: 
 
"Every golfer should play Pebble Beach at least TWICE in his lifetime!"
 
 
Ha Ha - Do I see a return trip in the future!

6 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Oh my goodness - Pebble Beach is so beautiful! I've never seen any pictures of it before!

Susan Anderson said...

Dave has golfed there twice, and once I was with him. It was gorgeous!

=)

Jenny Moore said...

Happy Birthday Kurke!!!
HaHaHa...playing pebble beach twice!
I think the ward should pay for it when he's released as bishop!! As Eli would say, "That's a perfect idea!"

Amy said...

That is the best birthday gift ever! You are such a sweet wife. Those photos are marvelous. I have never heard of Pebble Beach but my goodness, it looks amazing.
Twice, hu? Looks like you have another dream to fulfill.

rad6 said...

Wow, reading this post makes anyone want to be a golfer! Seriously! Love it. Love the excitement and the thrill and the awesomeness of it all. Not to mention: where else could you ever get such amazing photos???

gigi said...

It is that beautiful and more!! We didn't play the 18 holes but we were there and visited the club house and bought a few gifts for the kids. I'd like to be able to go back again too!