Saturday, November 10, 2012

{A Breathtaking Autumn At My House}

It has been one long and beautiful Autumn.  I don't remember the last time that the weather was perfect and trees so colorful, all for so long.  We are still enjoying and have been enjoying a brilliant world here in our part of Idaho for almost 2 months.  I am truly grateful each and every day for the beautiful world we have been blessed to live in and am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for creating it for us.
I love this tree. (period)  When in full leaf it covers our house, but when we planted it 16 years ago when Brittany turned 8, it was just the thinnest, most sorriest little stick you ever saw with 2 leaves.  We even got it on sale because it was barely there.  Truly a Charlie Brown Maple tree.  Look at it now!
When all the other trees on the street start turning it usually takes this maple a good month to turn.  It is always the last one to be in full color and it is SO worth the wait.  We have enjoyed it's beauty now for many years and many kids have enjoyed jumping in the leaf piles that come each Fall.
Looking up through the branches.

One big storm and the rest of the leaves will come down.

 It drops ALOT of leaves...

 Yesterday Kurke, Trent and Isaac did the first raking and picked up about 10 of the HUGE bags.
I love my yard!  In the back we have mature, pretty trees.  Our pear trees drop alot of fruit (kind of a nuisance) and the guys pick it up in buckets.  But they are large trees now, their leaves turn and they flower in the spring so it's all good (plus I don't have to pick up the pears - he he).
 Pear tree leaves!

The neighbors tree that we get to enjoy fully.
 Our red maple in the back - LOVE this tree.  One might call me a tree-hugger (I think I need a picture!)
Fall has always been my favorite - It fills a place in my soul that I need filled.
Love

No comments: