Often called The Most Romantic Highway in the U.S. Big Sur is
located along Scenic Highway 1 approximately 150 miles south of San Francisco
and 300 miles north of Los Angeles. Historically, the name Big Sur, was derived
from that unexplored and unmapped wilderness area which lays along the coast
south of Monterey. It was simply called El Sur Grande, The Big South. Today, Big
Sur refers to that 90-mile stretch of rugged and awesomely beautiful coastline
between Carmel to the north and San Simeon (Hearst Castle) to the south. Highway
One winds along its length and is flanked on one side by the majestic Santa
Lucia Mountains and on the other by the rocky Pacific Coast.
FOR.THE.LOVE......Seriously I thought it would be so great to stop and get some pictures with the bridge. Photobombers!!! When I looked at these later I could not stop laughing! Holy Cow these guys are so funny!
Pfeiffer Big Sur hiking among the redwoods.
Point Lobos Elephant Seals
7 comments:
It's all so beautiful, and I'm LOVING the seals!
Ditto what Nancy said. I also like the photo bombers! What a couple of characters! :)
You have some professional photo bombers there. I laughed when I saw that. That is some beautiful coastline! Makes me really want to go back and visit California.
what could have been some romantic pics...haha
we were stationed in Monterey when Ted was a linguist in the Air Force..we often would go to Big Sur--such a beautiful place!
This is where we honeymooned.
=)
I love all those seals sitting on the beach. Fun!
Love seeing Big Sur, brings back many childhood memories of visiting my grandparents and going to Big Sur!
Love all the pictures!
Post a Comment