Oh my goodness we spent the night in Fresno and left early in the morning for a days drive through Yosemite on our way home. We hadn't even gotten to the park yet when WHOA the smoke!! There was a fire burning somewhere and the road we were on was engulfed in smoke, very very thick.
It was somewhat better once we got to the park but still hazy in the valley. Now it has been almost a month since we have been there and they are still battling the fires there. So sad, but I guess that is how nature works. We still had a wonderful day.
This trip while many things - Kurke's 50th birthday, seeing the sites, was also, for me, very much, a childhood memory tour. Yosemite is huge on that list. I spent much of my childhood in Yosemite. It was my families camping place growing up. My parents loved it there and we would camp multiple times each summer with other families - hiking, playing in the rivers, and enjoying the beauty of the valley. I even remember when they did the fire falls during the summer. Man, those were the days!! It is my favorite National Park and always will be for these reasons and more. Even in smoke, it is stunning!
This was the "Quick, jump out of the car and stand by the sign photo!".
I spy two waterfalls! Even though smoky - Half dome and the valley are still gorgeous!
Have you ever sung Christmas songs in the summer, in a National Park? We did - Ha!!
El Capitan
Over the hill and off to home....




2 comments:
I've never seen Yosemite. It looks so majestic and beautiful!
Your photos are amazing. I love Yosemite. We visit last year while up in Mammoth Lakes, CA.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment