Thursday, January 17, 2013

{Snow, and Ice, and Cold and Wonderful Snow!}

 “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again."
                                                                                                                                  -Lewis Carroll



I  pulled out of the garage this morning and it was still dark outside.  The night before there had been a very very heavy fog in the valley, and even in the darkness I could see how thick the ice was on the bare tree branches, bushes and every other surface.  I knew how beautiful it was going to be once the sun hit it but, alas, I was at work and could not capture it myself so I was very excited when my friend Jennifer Alvi aka Photographer Extraordinaire posted some beautiful shots that she took this morning.  I am posting these with her permission.  Beeeee-autiful!!!









12 comments:

Heffalump said...

Sometimes I wish I lived where we got snow. Those are beautiful pics.

Julie said...

Wow! Those shots are all amazing. I especially can't get over the basketball hoop!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are stunning!
I love the basketball net. It made me kinda sad. The net all lonesome and wanting to be used.

The second photo was cool too with the close-up of the branch.

Dark when you went to work? What time do you have to be there?

Stef said...

Wow! Just...Wow!

" Hit It......." said...

Wow...she did a great job. I love the basketball net. She thinks outside the box.

Ginger said...

Gorgeous!

wendy said...

those are Gorgeous photos for sure. I loved the one of the basketball net.
We get that kind of frost up here a lot......I believe it is called hoar frost.
BUT....we have had a glorious January, much colder then you guys have been and Utah (which makes me snicker in a sick kind of way)

HEY...question for you. Are you using blogger for this blog. I use it and my link for uploading photos isn't working like it used to....the browse button isn't showing. Do you know anything about that?

Susan Anderson said...

Just gorgeous. And that basketball net is magic!

=)

lesa said...

One thing I love about winter is all the pretty pictures that are captured!!

Amy said...

Isn't hoar frost the most beautiful thing in the whole world? I love it! Those photos are absolutely beautiful.

mCat said...

All I have to say is, "wow"

Holy smokes - they are beautiful! Love the basektball hoop

Debby@Just Breathe said...

These photos are amazing and so beautiful!